Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rachel Ray's Chilli Cheeseburger Mac

Okay, Jean this is for you. Here is the recipe I promised. I saw Rachel do this recipe on her show. It has become one of Eric and my favorites. It is wonderful cold weather meal. It does have a cheeseburger taste! Yum O (sorry I had to do that).

RACHEL RAY CHILI CHEESEBURGER MAC

1lb and 1/2lb of ground sirloin
1 medium onion chopped
2-3 Tbls of chili powder
1 can of beef broth* see note in instructions
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
1 cup cheddar cheese
1lb macaroni
Preheat oven to 350

Brown ground beef in a large skillet, while beef is cooking cook macaroni according to box instructions, when beef is no longer pink add onion, cook until onion is soft, add chili powder and mix well, add ketchup, mustard (more or less to taste), and broth, (I would add broth a little at a time because I think the whole can makes it to runny.) put macaroni, and beef mixture in a casserole and top with cheddar cheese, cook until heated through.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do. Jane.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weeknight meal. Tasty too! Love the quick and easy without lack of flavor..

    ReplyDelete