Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Tooth?



Hell yes I have a sweet tooth! In fact I think I have 32 of them...oh wait, I've had my wisdom teeth out so make that 28. Sweets, being carbohydrates by nature, are a major food group to me. That is why my hips look the way they do! And I'm telling you it is no small feat to maintain this lucious figure of mine. right.

Anyway, back to the original topic. Sweets. If you are looking for something high quality, absolutely decadent and a dessert you probably wouldn't make at home, have I got the place for you!

Ganache Dessert Kitchen's motto is "your occasion is our passion". Now what's not to like about that attitude? Doug and Deanne Potter have gotten it right! They have everything ganache. They have truffles, ganache truffle torte, filled cakes, truffle covered cakes, and just about anything else you want to do with ganache. In addition they have gourmet chesecake, triple layer cakes, "up-cakes" (which I have to tell you I would trade my first born for , that is if I had a first born!), wedges, tarts, globs, and celebration cakes that you can design yourself. Oh my goodness. It is just a wonderful place.

Deanne's special creation is a "Brookie", which is what lured me there yesterday. I thought it would be a fun idea to take my friend Brooke (readers of this blog know her as "hot mom") a brookie! Well, that fun idea turned into a wedge of something that had coconut for me, and a gorgeous mini lemon tart for Bob. (That with some perfectly ripe & succulent fresh raspberries I bought should insure that my lily of the valley would get planted tonight) ;-)



Ganache Dessert Kitchen is located in the Visa Plaza. 1155 N Hamilton Rd, Gahanna. 614-472-CAKE (2253). Hours are Tuesday through Friday 10-7 and Saturday 10-4.

Stop in and tell them you read about them on Dishing It Up!

But don't blame me for any love handles that might result!

1 comment:

  1. And you were going to take me there WHEN? (taps foot)

    ReplyDelete