Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lemon Lush


Here is a dessert that is just about perfect for a hot summer day…not that we’ve had too many of those this year. But I’m going to share it with you now because my prediction is that we are going to be slammed with the heat in September. You know the sunshine and hot, hot weather we should have been getting the last six weeks? Yep. That’s what I’m talking about.

I have had this recipe for so many years that it is ridiculous. I’m not even going to tell you how many ‘cause I just see no good sense in embarrassing myself. I do remember though, when I first got it. My sister Elaine and I thought it was the bomb. We could not get enough of it! Oh, we tried making it with chocolate pudding (yum) and butterscotch pudding (yum) and pistachio (not so yum for some reason). Remember those experiments, Elaine? :-)

But for a summertime cookout we kept on coming back to the lemon version. It is just so refreshing! And so simple! Definitely a “keeper” in our book.

Sure hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

Lemon Lush
From my dear ex-mother-in-law,
Doie Jorgensen

Crust:
½ cup butter
1 cup flour
½ cup chopped pecans, plus a little more for garnish

Press into 9x13 pan and bake at 350˚ 12-15 minutes. Cool

Beat:
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip

Beat til fluffy and spread on crust.

Mix:
2 small boxes lemon instant pudding
3 cups milk

Spread on top and add rest of Cool Whip. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment