Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Restaurant Week - Mezzo

I have been a very bad blogger. I am sorry. I have several posts from Restaurant Week that I need to get done; all are repeats of places I’ve blogged before.

Let’s start with Mezzo. If you can remember back to the time of Restaurant Week!

Mezzo is a gem in the Gahanna Creekside complex. It sits on the Big Walnut Creek. Sitting on the lovely patio, you can watch paddle boats, the fountains, hear music, enjoy the gorgeous flowers, and the awesome fireplace. We just love it.

So we were very excited to take our friends there for dinner. We all arrived and took a few moments to enjoy the beautiful flowers before we went in.



Because I have written in depth before about Mezzo, I will go straight to the Restaurant Week dinner.



Mezzo offered a couple of choices for each category. The salad course offered a choice of "La Casa Insalata"-mixed greens, poached apples, spiced walnuts, tossed with a Gorgonzola vinaigrette, or "Wedge Salad"-iceberg lettuce, smoked bacon, diced tomatoes, with a peppercorn ranch dressing.
Both of the salads were delicious. I ordered the wedge, simply because I rarely do. It was yummy! The chunks of bacon were so good against the peppercorn dressing. I also tasted La Casa Insalata and it was totally delicious! The poached apples and spiced walnuts with that gorgonzola vinaigrette? Oh my :-)



The Entrees offered were "Seafood Linguine"-scallops, shrimp, and mixed vegetables served atop linguine with a white wine butter sauce, or "Lasagna al Forno"-veal, beef, ricotta, mozzarella, and marinara.
My choice of entree was the seafood linguine. Okay, this is really hard to say. But it was a disappointment. First the presentation of the dish was not up to what I have come to expect from Mezzo. And the taste matched the presentation. It wasn't awful. It was just bland. And sometimes that can be worse than awful.
But the lasagna rocked. I kept dipping into Bob's plate. Poor Bob. He's so tolerant of an errant fork slyly slipping in when he is engrossed in conversation. He acts just as if he is oblivious. And I know my dear husband is rarely oblivious to anything; especially me!


Dessert was a slice of cheesecake.
Little needs to be said of the cheesecake. This is Brooke's favorite dessert in the world. And she indeed, was happy!

We all were!

Mezzo Italian Kitchen
130 Creekside Plaza
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
614-476-9900

No comments:

Post a Comment