Monday, October 26, 2009

Hearty Breakfast -- Hawaiian Style



One of the things I love about Hawaii is the way things are adopted, and then changed just a little to make them Hawaiian.

While Jean was in the hospital, I spent the night there with her, and came back to Tony and Michelle’s each morning to get a quick shower. One morning, Michelle fixed me the classic hearty breakfast with a Hawaiian spin. Yep, I’m talking steak and eggs. First she cut the steak in strips and sautéed them in just a little oil. Then she prepared two perfectly fried eggs, over easy. Classic, so far, right? Now what would come next in Ohio? Hash browns and OJ, at least at our house. Not here in Hawaii – a big mound of steamed rice and POG, a blend of passion fruit, orange and guava juice, along with some great Maui grown coffee. Let me tell you, it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment