Friday, January 21, 2011

Smoked Sausage and Garlic Bread Appetizer

I have a great appetizer for you! If you like sausage baby, stick with me! I found this recipe labeled as an appetizer, but I have to tell you that along with a bowl of soup we made this dinner! The key is to get really good smoked sausage. I actually went to Thurn's to get some, and I kid you not it made my knees week. It was that good!

This recipe can't be any easier. As mentioned above, you need really good smoked sausage, Italian bread (I used roasted garlic bread because I love it!), garlic, olive oil, kosher salt and chopped parsley (which you can see I forgot). Oh, and maybe I used just a tad more garlic ...

Heat up your oven and follow the recipe directions and you will be astounded with the deliciousness of this little treat. I served it with several kinds of mustard and that was fun. I was a huge fan of the Champagne Shallot Mustard. But honestly, this stuff stands alone just fine.

Smoked Sausage and Garlic Bread Appetizer
Adapted from Paula Deen

Serves: 6
Cook Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients
• 1 lb. really good Smoked Sausage
• 3/4 loaf of Italian bread
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 pinches kosher salt
• 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the sausage into 1/2" slices and cut the bread (keeping the crusts on) into 1/2" cubes. Line a sheet tray with foil. Place sausage and bread on tray. Coat with olive oil and toss in garlic and salt. Spread out on sheet tray and toast in oven for 10-15 minutes until bread browns. You will need to stir a couple of times during bake time for thorough baking. Remove from oven and toss in fresh parsley. Serve warm with toothpicks so your guests can spear a piece of sausage and bread in each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment