Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sweet Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions

Have you been to Carfagna’s? Oh my…if you haven’t you really should!

Carfagna’s is “Family-owned and operated since 1937, Carfagna’s is the place for the freshest hand-cut meats, the best homemade Italian foods, the freshest local produce, the finest imported foods, beers, and wines, and the nicest gift baskets. Carfagna’s also offers a comprehensive range of catering options and serves many restaurants and food service operations through its wholesale division.” http://www.carfagnas.com/

Their meats are absolutely the best. Exceptionally good. The last time I was there I picked up a couple of their chicken sweet Italian sausages.

Today was rather cold and blustery so I took those babies out of the freezer for dinner. I sliced up a sweet onion, green pepper and a red pepper. This was so gorgeous in the pan I just had to take a picture of it before it got all cooked. And I don’t even like peppers! But isn’t this pretty?



I cooked some pierogies along with the peppers. These are a new one for me. They have potato, broccoli and cheddar. Boiled and then sautéed with butter...mmm.

I added some garlic toast and we were good to go. This turned out to be a filling, warm dish for a night like this.




Visit Carfagna’s as soon as you can. There is so much that you’ll want to try that you’ll probably find yourself going back again and again.

1405 E. Dublin-Granville Road
(at I-70 & 161)
614-846-6340

Open 7 days a week
Mon. thru Sat.
10am - 7pm
Sunday:
10am – 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment