Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Different Pot Roast

My dear neighbor Jean Bugs is always asking me to post some of the things I cook. I talked with her tonight and was telling her about my roast I fixed. She said it would great if I would post it. I really like to just throw things together. I decided to fix a pot roast tonight, my husband's favorite thing. It's not the healthest, but boy was it yummy! I decided to share this as I think you would enjoy it.


Different Pot Roast


1 boneless chuck roast (I used a 2lb roast)

2-3 strips of cooked bacon crumbled

3 tbls flour

2 garlic cloves sliced thick

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can or sm box of beef broth

whole baby carrots(as many as you like)

4-5 small potatoes cut into 1/4 or what ever size you like

1 small to med sweet onion sliced thick

1 container of any type of mushrooms sliced ( I used sliced wild mushrooms mixture)

1/4 cup of red or white wine


Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel, then crumble, flour roast, salt and pepper to taste, sear in bacon drippings on both sides, remove to plate, let cool enough to handle, cut small slits all over one side of roast, insert garlic into slits, mean time, put mushroom and onions in same skillet, saute until they start to get soft, pour wine in, stir well, and scrape bottom of pan, push mushrooms and onions to the sides of skillet or small dutch over, add roast back to skillet with carrots and potatoes, mix cream of mushroom and beef broth, pour over roast and vegetables, sprinkle crumbled bacon on top, cook coved in a 350 oven until desired doneness. I used a 2lb roast and it took approx 1 hour. Sorry I didn't think to take picture:(



No comments:

Post a Comment