Friday, February 4, 2011

Eastern Palace - Chinese New Year

Tony Quach and his youngest daughter.

Gung Hay Fat Choy! That means "Best wishes and Congratulations. Have a prosperous and good year.” And we certainly did!

One of my most favorite restaurants is Eastern Palace. Of course, if you know me you already know that. :-)  I love it. I love everything about it! I love the people, I love the food, I love the atmosphere, I even love their bathrooms! No kidding! They are the absolute cleanest bathrooms I’ve ever seen. There is always a bowl of water with a fresh flower in it! See? How can you not love that attention to detail? Let me see, what else do I love? I love that Tony loves OSU. I love that when we walk in we are greeted by name! (um, maybe that says we’re there too much?) And especially, I love that we are treated like family.

Don’t even get me started on the dishes I love at Eastern Palace. I could go on all night about them. Let’s just say I’m a big fan of the food. And they did not disappoint on their New Year celebration.
Bob & Oksana

Bob and I went in for dinner on the New Year as we try to do every year. Unfortunately we missed the dragon dance this year. We’ve seen it in the past, but I sure am sorry we didn’t get there early enough to see it this year. It’s always so fun to watch, and a lot of fun to see the kids watching it. Tony sure does know how to do it up right.

This evening they offered a buffet as part of the celebration. Of course you could still order off the menu, but why would you want to? This way I could have a little of this and a little of that. Let me tell you about the buffet. And you might want to get a cloth to wipe the drool off of your chin as you read this.

First there was a gorgeous, enormous sushi boat. And did I get a picture of it? I’m sorry to say I didn’t. You will have to take my word for it that the sushi was absolutely delicious. Then onto the hot dishes. Oh, the crunchy spring rolls right next to the shrimp toasts made me weak in the knees. Two of my favorites right next to one another. (But wait! They all my favorites!) There was sesame chicken, string beans with beef, seafood delight, bbq pork, bbq chicken, fried rice and steamed rice. Every single dish on that buffet rocked.

I’m partial to the bbq pork and the string beans with beef. That of course is following the spring rolls and shrimp toast. Then again, the sesame chicken with fried rice was right up there, too. Okay, there is no way I could pick favorites. No way. It’s just all too good. Oh, don't let me forget to tell you about the cake. Oh my. It was light and refreshing; white cake with strawberries between the layers and frosted with whipped cream. Oh yeah. It was scrumptious!

There is so much more offered on the menu that you must march yourself to EP and find out for yourself what an incredible restaurant this is. The food is just outstanding! Everyone there will make you feel so welcome. Check out this previous post to get a feel for it. http://dishingitup-columbus.blogspot.com/2009/02/eastern-palace.html.

psst...if you’re going, give me a call…I’ll meet you there!

Eastern Palace
6078 East Livingston Ave.
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
(614) 755-8880

p.s. I promise I am going to do a post on just their sushi alone. You won’t even believe it!

Eastern Palace on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment