Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Whit's is open, Gahanna!!!!


Photo courtesy of Whit's FB

It seemed like forever that my favorite dessert was unavailable. I know. It was only, like six weeks. But every time I would pass by that darkened building my inner self wept.

But weep no longer! Whit's doors are open once again. And even though there is snow on the ground and it is freezing, that custard is oh-so-good!

As the nirvana that is espresso chip passes by my lips and I smile like a gleeful child, I think how good it is to see my friends, Chip, Annie & Jeff. ('specially Jeff...he messages me when they make my beloved espresso chip:-)

Whit's is doing some really cool new stuff. They have expanded their menu and it's pretty darn good eatin'! We already know the coney dogs are really good; now you can have a slaw dog, too! Or have the works! The slaw is rough cut with a hint of sweetness. Just the perfect compliment. I also had the pleasure of tasting some of the chicken filling for the chicken quesidilla and man was it good! One new item I haven't tried yet is the new chicken salad. But I love this idea .. a "chicken salad boat"! It's the banana boat dish with a scoop of chicken salad in the middle, slaw or cottage cheese and crackers. How fun is that? And today I found out that they are serving soups with bread from Creekside's Bread Basket. Soups will include chili, broccoli cheese, chicken noodle and French onion. I can't wait to try those!

I think we're going to see some fun things happening at Whit's this summer. Plans are in the making for events to be held on the green at the back of the parking area. Ideas are just percolating.

And did you know Whit's caters? With all of this good stuff popping up at Whit's, an event catered by them would be a great idea! Good food, great people, incredible custard and your family and friends. Does it get any better than that?

Simply put, Whit's totally rocks! I know it, you know it ... so get over there and start your summer right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment