Saturday, February 6, 2010

SUPERBOWL ....


One of my favorite weekends of the year. On tap:

Muffuletta (in honor of the Saints). A nice young man at Giant Eagle/Gahanna helped me get the right stuff at the deli, except I substituted capicola for the ham. My sister in Houston gave me the olive spread! And yeah, yeah, I know it's supposed to have sesame seeds, but my teeth don't appreciate those.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Real-Nawlins-Muffuletta/Detail.aspx


Mini hamburgers (in honor of the Colts), to be served with onions sauteed in New Castle beer.

Macaroni and Cheese (pure comfort food on a weekend like this - just because).

Mound Bars - and I made it 'mine' by adding sliced almonds before I added the chocolate on top (which were Hershey bars that I placed on the top layer, put back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt, spread, and THEN topped with semi-sweet mini chocolate chips). http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mound-Bars/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Kathie, that muffaletta looks AWESOME!!! I absolutely love that sandwich & yours is lovely :-) As for the mounds bars, I simply have got to make those...and I'm talking NOW!

    ReplyDelete