Thursday, January 28, 2010

Turkey Tetrazzini



Alright, now that you’ve had your fill of turkey sandwiches, I’m going to give you a recipe that will use up the rest of that turkey breast you cooked in the crock pot.

I love this dish. A friend and co-worker of mine used to bring this into the office. She always sent the leftovers home with me because I made such a pig of myself that it was obvious this was a favorite! And I do mean pig! Years later here I am still making a pig of myself with it!

So once again, I say thanks to Debbie Engle for one of my very favorite casseroles…and it uses up leftovers, too!



Turkey Tetrazzini

3 tablespoons butter
1 cup diced mushrooms
3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 cup diced celery
½ teaspoon grated onion
2 tablespoons flour
1 ¼ cup chicken broth
1 ¼ cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
4 cups cooked turkey
6 oz cooked spaghetti
1 hardboiled egg, chopped
shredded Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in a large saucepan. Sauté mushrooms, green pepper, celery and onion in butter. Blend in flour to make a roux. Add chicken broth and cook until smooth. Stir in heavy cream, stirring constantly. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Stir in cooked turkey, cooked spaghetti and hardboiled egg. Toss gently to mix.

Pour into greased casserole and top with plenty of shredded Parmesan cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350˚ for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! If you don't mind, I'm going to cut and paste this one. WOW, this looks like something that I would love.
    I'm glad that I stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete